Hello folks. You may remember me from such blogs as, well, this one. Remember me? It’s been awhile, I know. But, as the title suggests–no, shouts–I’m back on the blogging scene.
Well, a little thing called life. Terrible excuse, I know, but it’s true.
Since we’ve last chatted, here’s what’s been going down:
1. Decided to leave New York (born and raised) and move to New England.
2. Sold Brooklyn apartment (a friggin’ saga in it’s own right)
3. Moved in with parents on my birthday (and did I mention I had to pack the apartment by myself while Matt was traveling? But also got a little live-saving help from Christine at The Clutter Clinic)
4. Got into a dietetic internship at Keene State College in New Hampshire. Hooray!
5. Decided to move to Northampton, MA. Found apartment. Bought cars.
6. Finished my last semester of school (4 classes, still working part time).
7. And FINALLY–just got back from vacation.
8. Leaving NY on June 24th for some traveling and then relocate.
So you see, I had a few activities going on in my life that left me, in all honesty, spent. I had zero creativity left. So many times I opened this blog to write a post but the words didn’t come. Talk about writer’s block. With so many demanding aspects of my life, blogging wasn’t fun anymore. Yet every day I let slide without a post, I felt guilty. Hollow.
But fast forward to this moment. What matters is that I’m back. And what matters is that I’ve heard from so many of you, my fans and friends, telling me you wanted me back. You like me, you really, really like me! And what matters is that I’ve tapped and connected to something deeper within myself and the creativity and enthusiasm has come flooding back! (Funny how that coincided with school ending!)
Taking some time off also forced me to think about what kind of blogger I want to be. I’ve decided that I’m going to follow my OWN rules, write in my OWN voice, not follow the trends and be part of the health world masses. It’s time for me to set myself apart, follow in my husband’s footsteps and become my own renegade of sorts.
If you’re with me, just give me a “Hell Yeah!”
You’ll see a lot more of me now, great content, amazing interviews with my favorite people and mentors, and answering your questions about health, nutrition, body image, and life. And most of all, we’ll will be fun. Cause that’s what this is all about.
Thanks for sticking with me, friends, especially as I work to find my blogging “voice” again.